Education: Bachelor's Degree relevant to the job
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
Training: 4 hours of relevant trainings
1. Holder of a Bachelor's degree in any S&T field.
2. Good moral character.
3. Willing to travel and to work on extended working hours at no additional compensation.
4. Innovative thinker and doer, with a drive to excel in a unique field of specialization.
1. Experience in project management.
2. Experience in dealing with experts and other relevant stakeholders.
3. Basic appreciation of intellectual property rights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the TAPI patent agents in the conduct of IP audit in SUCs and private universities and colleges, non-academic institutions and private inventors and firms.
2. Assist in the evaluation of requests and preparation of IP filings including PCT.
3. Engage the services of patents agents, local and abroad.
4. Coordinate with institutions for IP audit and filing and prepare reports: checks for possible IP application for patent/UM, industrial design and copyrights.
5. Monitor the status of Contracted IP applications, such as but not limited to IP Service Provider and Patent Agents assignments, payment for the IP service provider/Patent Agent, types of IPs filed (patent, UM, ID, Trademarks, Copyright),specific status of the IP applications in IPOPHIL (i.e. under substantive examination, for publication, to be granted, to be withdrawn, certificate issued, etc.).
6. Evaluate requests for IP assistance from HEIs; follow up with the HEIs for required documents to proceed with the endorsement to patent agent.
7. Engage/contract out the approved requests/ technologies for IP service providers.
8. Monitor all the contracted technologies with the assigned patent agents (i.e., drafts should be prepared by the patent agent in 22 days per signed MOA), the activities per applications (technologies filed in IPOPHIL) and the payment to the patent agents.
9. Serve as focal persons between client and patent agent-in charge and between patent agent and IPOPHIL
10. Maintain the file records per technology.
11. Ensure timely logs and compliance using IP ware.
12. Assist in the updating of the IP ware.
13. Prepare publicity materials for the project.
14. Accommodate walk-in, phone calls, email inquiries from HEI clients.
15. Perform all tasks to be assigned by higher-ups from time to time.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply personally and submit the following documents to the TAPI Personnel Section not later than February 04, 2019:
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be included in the interview
IMPORTANT: Please note that incomplete requirements will not be considered for screening.