Three (3) Science Research Specialist II as Account Managers for Intellectual Property Applications
(1) Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in any S&T field.
(2) Good moral character.
(3) Willing to travel and to work on extended working hours at no additional compensation.
(4) Innovative thinker and doer, with a drive to excel in a unique field of specialization.
(1) Experience in project management.
(2) Experience in dealing with experts and other relevant stakeholders.
(3) Basic appreciation of intellectual property rights.
(1) Assist the TAPI patent agents in the conduct of IP audit in SUCs and private universities and colleges, non-academic institutions, and private inventors and firms.
(2) Assist in the evaluation of requests and preparation of IP filings including PCT.
(3) Engage the services of patent agents, local and abroad.
(4) Coordinate with institutions for IP audit and filing and prepare reports; checks for possible IP application for patent/UM, industrial design and copyrights.
(5) Monitor the status of Contracted IP applications, such as but not limited to IP Service Provider and Patent Agent assignments, payment for the IP service provider/Patent Agent, types of IPs filed (patent, UM, ID, Trademarks, Copyright), specific status of the IP applications in IPOPHL (i.e. under substantive examination, for publication, to be granted, to be withdrawn, certificate issued, etc.).
(6) Evaluate requests for IP assistance from HEIs; follow up with the HEIs for required documents to proceed with the endorsement to patent agent.
(7) Engage/contract out the approved requests/technologies to IP service providers.
(8) Monitor all the contracted technologies with the assigned patent agents (i.e., drafts should be prepared by the patent agent in 22 days per signed MOA), the activities per application (technologies filed in IPOPHL) and the payment to the patent agents
(9) Serve as focal persons between client and patent agent-in charge, and between patent agent and IPOPHL
(10) Maintain the file records per technology.
(11) Ensure timely logs and compliance using IP Ware.
(12) Assist in the updating of the IP Ware.
(13) Prepare publicity materials for the project.
(14) Accommodate walk-in, phone calls, email inquiries from HEI clients.
(15) Perform all tasks to be assigned by higher-ups from time to time.
IMPORTANT: Please note that incomplete requirements will not be considered for screening.